Tuesday, November 4, 2008

11/4 Tuesday Afternoons with Christy

Hello praisers!! Christy (AquaRuby) here!! I am excited to be a part of the Genuine Praisers here. I've been trying to decide what to type for a few days. I love this idea that Lori has about leaving honest, sincere praise. It seems many of us are guilty of the typical 'Love this page' or 'Gorgeous LO' -- myself included. I get busy and do enjoy the pages I see. I actually do try to leave sincere praise for pages, because that is exactly what I want. I have been scrapbooking now for almost 11 years. I feel like an old hat here. LOL! But today I want to focus a bit on journaling. That was what struck me as I was glancing through the pages in Mr. Linky. The page that really stuck out to me was Melissa's 'I Scrap' page -- check it out:
http://www.digishoptalk.com/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=468021

Isn't this awesome. I bet a lot of us feel the same passion for why we scrap. I know I do.

Now this next LO by DisneyCruiser really caught my eye. I think it's a combination of that sweet messy face and the fun way she added all her journaling.
http://www.digishoptalk.com/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=468092


I am leaving you with this last LO of mine, it explains my username. I thought you might like to know the story behind my username.
http://www.digishoptalk.com/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=437751

Incase you can't read my journaling, it says that I use this name on digital scrapbook sites. I usually try to register with my real name, but it is usually taken. So I came up with AquaRuby. It comes from the birthstone of my kids. Two were born in March and their stone is aquamarine. My other two were born in July and their stone is the ruby -- so I mashed it together to make aquaruby. :)

Oh and before I forget, Lori wanted me to let you know that the rules of the contest have changed just a bit due to the problems with some galleries. Any LO that you link this week to Mr. Linky will get you entered, you don't have to do it daily now. Have fun praisers!!

10 comments:

  1. Thanks Christy! It looks great! Nice choices too! Off to leave love!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I truly love all three layouts. Thanks for picking them out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for featuring my Layout Christy!! I am usually not a very good journaler, but this was for a challenge that I REALLY want to win - so I pushed myself to think out of the box.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love those examples of journaling! It really gives me inspiration on adding more journaling!! Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great layouts, thanks for picking these out to share.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a fantastic blog! I know how much time and effort a layout entails and these picks especially appeal to me with the great journaling. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks so much for featuring my Cute as a Button LO! I'm honored!! How fun!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. great blog, never saw it before, but like the idea!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a fabulous idea for a blog! I love the journallign on layouts and the ones chosen make the LO so much more real but still a fabulous work of art - thankyou!

    ReplyDelete