Thursday, November 6, 2008

Thursday's Features - 11/6/08

Hey all! This is Melissa bringing you the featured layouts for today. Let's jump right in...

First is a layout that was linked up through Mr. Linky. The layout is by nikkiARNGwife:

Born 2 Ride
http://www.digishoptalk.com/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=469599



I love this layout. Of course, I love almost everything that Nikki posts to the gallery. I love how she has chosen to scrap a small milestone that usually would get forgotten about, the small accomplisment of learning to ride with the pedals and not just using your feet to move. I love how she shows the progression of photos and frames each photo with ric rac. I also want to point out her title work. She has chosen to spread the title out and clip it to the photos, something different than the normal. Fabulous job, Nikki! Be sure to use follow the link above and leave Nikki some honest to goodness love about how great this layout is!


Next is a layout that stuck out to me in the DST gallery. This layout is by *Melly*

happy
http://www.digishoptalk.com/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=469906&cat=all&limit=all



I love that Christmas layouts are starting to show up in the gallery. I love Christmas and I love this layout! I love all the element that were used in this, lots of ribbon and strings and glitter. All things that go perfectly with Christmas. Even though this is a Christmas layout, it doesn't have a generic Christmas title like you would expect. Instead she has matched the title up with the emotion that is being portrayed in her wonderful photos. Perfect job, Melly!! Be sure to visit her layout also at DST and point out what you love about this page.

Thanks for stopping by and don't forget - this week, each link that you post in Mr. Linky at the top right side of the blog gets you registered to win a $10 gift card to We are Storytellers. You can link up a layout of your own or one from a fellow scrapper that you think is amazing. The drawing will be held tomorrow so you still have time!!

Melissa :)

7 comments:

  1. Love those layouts!! Have an awesome day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is truly beautiful and the photo is outstanding! I love the clustered elements and the silver - I'm ready for Christmas now ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both the layouts are already in my favorite folders, great pick:)
    Raji(rsk)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh that Christmas one is beautiful! You pick wonderful layouts to showcase! Thanks for everything you do!

    ReplyDelete