Friday, January 23, 2009

Digital Point of View with Valerigail 1/23/09

Hey ladies, Christy here to announce the winner of the $10 gift card to Miss Mint's store. YEAH!!!

And the winner is. . .

jlady11 (Jessica) -- please e-mail me, Christy, at AquaRubyMom [at] gmail [dot] com.


Hi everyone!

Today, instead of taking you all over the net to different digital places and happenings, I'm going to Challenge you to just one challenge.

Today, at Peppermint Creative's Forum, I came across a thread titled "Unofficial Challenge: Do it different", and was quite intrigued by it. So much that I wanted to spread the challenge, bring it here to all of you!

(I tried to get this clearer, but well... I'm apparently not all that good at screen shots! LOL)

It seems that we all have some "preferences" to our scrapping. For example, I really like scrapping to the right. When I start a layout, I always bring in my pictures and layer them out on the right side of the page, and usually up in the right corner. I also tend to start out with at least three different pictures. Then either add or subtract as I scrap the page, and strangely I also tend to move the pictures to the center. I don't think I've ever scrapped a picture on the left hand side of my page. Seriously. But I LOVE the ones I see that are scrapped with the pictures to the left. I also love to use the same colors over and over. Reds, pinks, blues, bright bright colors.... and hardly use neutrals or monotone. When I do use neutrals, It tends to be a very simple layout. Which just makes me wonder what I'm thinking when I do this? LOL I've only done one white space layout, and that was a HUGE step out of my comfort zone to do. And interestingly enough, it is one of my favorite layouts of all time. Makes me stop and think... Maybe I should step out of my comfort zones more often.

So this Challenge is to step out of your scrapping preference, and scrap your page differently. If you tend to place your pictures to the right, go to the left. If you tend to stick to corners, try the center of the page! Try out new color schemes you would never have chosen before. Add more pictures if you tend to scrap singles, or do a single picture layout if that is something you tend to shy away from. Do it ALL differently! Try something new! Mix it up, have fun, and then Share it with us!!

I'd also LOVE to hear what everyone's preferences are! What have you noticed about your scrapping style? Share it with us in the comments section or at Peppermint Creative! There are several threads over there about this... stop in and share your preference with the group. They'd love to have you there!

I'm excited about this, and can't wait to get started on my "Do it Different" layout! This could be a lot of fun, seeing what we can accomplish that's a bit out of our comfort zones. I'm pretty sure we are all going to surprise ourselves with this one!!

So, Go for it!! Challenge yourself to Do it Different!!! Then come back and link us up! I can't wait to see all the "Different" layouts!

~Valeri~

4 comments:

  1. Congrats, Jessica!!! Have fun shopping!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much! I'm so excited. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for mentioning our 'unofficial challenge!' Everyone welcome to play along and congrats Jessica!! ;)

    ReplyDelete