Sunday, February 8, 2009

2*8 Spotlight Sunday (Sugarplum Paperie)

Howdy Praisers!!

Christy here again with another Spotlight Sunday. This time around we have Nicole Seitler from Sugarplum Paperie.

Nicole has generously donated a $10 GC to her store. She has her own store here and here.

Here is a little bit about her:
I never considered myself to be a "crafty" person until a girlfriend of mine sent me a pack of handmade cards for a baby shower gift. When I saw what she had made with cardstock and rubber stamps, I just new I could do it, too! The confidence I gained from playing with rubber stamps spilled over into several other areas of my life and I started to try my hand at knitting, quilting and scrapbooking. I really enjoyed playing with scrapbook paper--it just fascinated me!

Then one night, probably while I was browsing for inspiration on 2 Peas in a Bucket's gallery, I discovered something called "Digital Scrapbooking Freebies." And from there, I found the Shabby Princess. How many people can tell the exact same story?! Well, I was hooked when I saw all the beautiful things people were making with Photoshop and I knew right then and there that I wanted to learn, too! I realized that behind every pretty piece of scrapbook paper I liked, there was a person who actually created that--and I could be one of those people! So I started on a year long process of teaching myself how to use PSP and then Photoshop while doing web design projects. In July of 2007, I started a blog to give away any digital creations I made while I was learning just what I could do with this program. That blog is the Sugarplum Paperie blog! Then in November of 2007, with the help of my husband who is also a web designer, I opened my own shop. What a blast it has been! Everyday I learn more about design and grow happier with my creations. I'm still not quite where I want to be yet, but I'm loving every minute of this wild ride!

This month I have the privilege of being a guest this month for Nicole. Her products are so easy to use. Here is a sampling of a few of her latest products:

.

And for the next two weeks there is this awesome collaboration kit that several designers, Nicole included, have put together to help a digi scrapper named Mellisa. Check it out:


Remember for every link you leave in the Layout Lovin' section will get you entered into the drawing.

No comments:

Post a Comment