Friday, January 16, 2009

Digital Point of View 1*16

Scrappy Friday!!! Yeah, the weekend is almost here!! Got any scrappy plans? I usually do. Now normally we have been having the Friday posts be from our "digital point of view" and this one is along those same lines.

We really appreciate the support and encouragement we have been receiving lately for this blog and want to continue to be a place that is fun and inviting.

We also are looking for easier ways to run things. One of the areas that both Valeri and I wanted to make a more permanent feature was how to post a link that needs praise. Neither one of us were to fond of "Mr. Linky" but it worked. Well I co-own a site called Scrap Garden. Some friends and I started this site to be a fun loving scrapbook community and we've been looking for ways to expand to other areas in the scrapbook world. We have our own forum and gallery. So that being said, as of today Mr. Linky is no more.

I have created a spot on my forum especially for the Genuine Praise readers called Layout Lovin'. All you have to do is create an account, it's really easy and one of the admin girls (myself included) will get you set up. All new accounts come to us, to keep out those lousy spammers. There you will find a weekly thread that either Valeri or I will have set up -- leave a link and you're done. You are also more than welcome to use our gallery there too. Scrap Garden is not a store, just a community and for those who are needing another open gallery, then you found the right place. *wink*

Oh and Mr. Linky is not gone entirely, I will have the link with all those previously linked pages set up in the forum. Because we are still using all the links for the current spotlight on Miss Mint.

So what else is going on in the digi world? Have you joined the Project 365 craze? I have!! It seems there are so many people doing it. Several forums have a special section too like at SBG and DST.

How about challenges? I love a good challenge -- got one post a link in the comments. I love scrapbookgraphics.com "We Can Build It" challenges. This week is a white space challenge -- see here. Pickleberry Pop's infamous "What's in the Pickle Jar" challenge is always fun too. And Sweet Shoppe Designs has a Challenge a Day going on -- so check it out.

Well that's it for me, I hope you have a great weekend. Don't forget to leave a link for us to love on!!

2 comments:

  1. I really like the new forum for the links. feels good to know that mr linky isn't gonna wig out on us anymore! LOL Plus now we can all leave a little not with our link, if we want. I know, for me, I always wanted to say WHY I was linking it, and couldn't do that with mr linky. So eveyrone, come on and sign up at the forum.. it is way nice!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know that is a good point, I've often wanted to say the reason I picked the link I posted too. Come on over ladies, it's quick and painless, I promise. :)

    ReplyDelete