Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Wacky Wednesday's Featured layouts! :) 11/26/08

Hi everyone!!! Its Valeri again! Can not believe that tomorrow is Thanksgiving!!!! Wasn't it just Fourth of July? I swear it was!! LOL
So I've got a pantry full of food, a Turkey thawing in my fridge... and butterflies in my tummy! I've never cooked a Thanksgiving meal, have always taken a dish to my parents, sister or inlaws... But this year is my first to do it for real on my own (ok, so my mom will be here supervising/taking over.. but I'll be fighting every step of the way to do most of the work on my own or at least with direction). I'm a bit nervous... and also a bit silly that I haven't done this before, too! I'm 33 and have been married for 13 years next week... and this is my first Thanksgiving meal to cook. I feel a bit of shame with that! Ah well, wish me luck!! (and pray that the pies I purchased make it till Thursday!! I've already had to replace one because my H and I just couldn't stand it last night and broke down and had apple pie and ice cream! Was delicioius... we should have pie more often at not holiday times... then I wouldn't be raiding the Thanksgiving supply early! HAHA)

So today's Featured layouts are both going to come from my search through the recent layouts on DST. Mr Linky has been real slow this week... probably because everyone else is busy preparing for Thanksgiving too!! (or eating pie!) ;)

So today, we start with....

Snuggle
By Flattsgurl
I just adore the picture of her little girl and the new kitty!! Specially with him looking straight at the camera as if to say "I love it here! she's so warm and cuddly! Thank you for finding me this person!" (Yes, I love animals and tend to humanize them very often! LOL)
I also really love her journaling about the day too and how they surprised her Daughter. A memory to cherish, and a perfect one to scrap! So, please stop by her page and leave her some love for this adorable layout!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Next up is...

It Doesn't Matter
By Anke



If you've ever looked through my Gallery, you would know instantly that I LOVE extractions. I think they are a blast to do, though time consuming most of the time. So when I saw this layout, I just fell in love with her work!! I love the scene she created with everything around the extraction... and how she sliced up the sidewalk too!! The extraction is WONDERFUL! and that little doggie in the corner just seems like icing on the cake, its adorable!! I love the journaling too, perfect for this layout and the picture... just priceless and true... Cause ultimately it does matter most who is walking the path with you and I think we forget too often to look beside us for those that could help our way. Anyway, thats my take on it at least! LOL Please everyone, stop by her layout and leave some love for this wonderful page!!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Don't forget to link up as many pages as you would like, to be entered into this weeks $10 gift card from Jacque Larson!! For every link you put in, thats one more time your name is in the drawing!! So link up everyone!!! Her stuff is super cute, so you want as good of a chance as you can to win this one! :) There will be new releases in her store soon too!! And, there could be a freebie on her blog in the near future, so keep a very close eye on that.. you don't want to miss out!!!

And with that, I will wind down my post... I wish everyone a Very Happy Thanksgiving.. Eat as much pie as you want, calories don't count on holidays! LOL Spend extra time with your family, and give each and every one of them a hug. Make your day memorable!!! And take pictures, scrap them... and come back and link them up!! We want to see!!!! :)

Live, Love, Laugh.... and Scrap Often!!!

~Valeri~

8 comments:

  1. Great choices in layouts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great Blog!

    sooo nice Layouts

    hugs Maike

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh, I am so flattered!!! thank you so much for featuring my page. I had a lot of fun creating it, I am so glad you like it! I saw the quote in a catalogue as a plaque and just knew I had to use it. Just a little tribute to DH. Thanks again!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic layout. I'll go leave some praise. Thanks for dropping by my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The pages are adorable, TSMFS ;)
    happy thanksgiving to you and yours :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This just totally made my week. Thank you sooo much for picking my LO!! I had been home sick with the stomach bug and this was the first LO I created. :) THANKS again...I hope you you all have a Happy Thanksgiving. :)

    ReplyDelete