Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Wacky Wednesday With ValeriGail... 1/28/09

So... How frozen are you today? ;)

As I sit here typing up this post, I can hear the sleet hitting against my windows. I am hoping to not wake up to scenes like Christy posted yesterday!

So, with it being so very very very very very cold right now (I know there are places even colder than me, but darn it I can be a wimp right now if i wanna!) , I am going to feature Bright warm pages today.

Lets see what I can find!

First up is Christy's Week two for the 365 project


Love the bright colors she used on this layout. They totally bring out something in every picture. From matching the buttons, to the color of the bowling shoes (how do you match pants to those shoes?? LOL), to the blue of the sky behind her son. Its all Perfectly coordinated to highlight everything! Love it!! And I have to agree, that is one smart dog!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Next up is a layout I came across at DST..


Isn't this just too cool?!? I love how she has added in the sand to play on the imagination of the day. Very nice! The colors are just wonderful. Bright, cheerful, warm.. Everything a day in the sun is!! I just absolutely love the imagination that went into this layout. Please everyone, stop by her page and leave her some Genuine Love for this great layout!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Now, I have got to show you one of my favorite layouts of all time. This is by Dielle, our Spotlighted Designer of the week. Both Dielle and I have twins and hang out at a message board called "Twinstuff"... it was there that I was first introduced to scrapping by other twin mommies, and saw this layout by Dielle...


It is scrapped using her "Afternoon in my Garden" kit.
Now, isn't this just halarious??? Poor Bob!! At least he's a safety guy, right? So he should know how to get out of this with out too much trouble? HAHA I can't help but crack up everytime I look at it!! And yes, my kids would so do this too! ;). I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE her shadowing on the iron fence, absolutely Gorgeous work! I wish I could shadow like that!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Before I go, I would like to challenge you all again... Or ask a favor of you all, depends on how you want to look at it. I would love it if you could dip into your favorite file, at any of your scrapbook Galleries, and pull out your all time favorite layout, that someone else has scrapped. Then link it up here (either in the comments section or in the Layout lovin' section). Share with us the layout that inspires you the most, or makes you laugh the most, or makes you think the most or just makes you smile.... It does not have to be a new layout either, it can be something that you've had stashed away in there for sometime. It just needs to be a layout that you love! And hopefully tomorrow, I can feature some of them, or even ALL of them here at the blog. What do you think? Sound like fun? I hope so!! I would so love to see what inspires all of you!

And with that I will let you all go. Stay warm everyone!

Live, Love, Laugh...... And Scrap often!

~Valeri~

3 comments:

  1. This one is definitely my all time fav and has survived many purges of my favourites file:)
    http://www.digishoptalk.com/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=239423&cat=fav

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a great one Amy, Fabulous picks today, Valeri!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for choosing my page Valeri, it is such an honour!

    For me, pages are almost always about the story, so journaling is a must, and hopefully a few photos.

    This one from my recent favs is simply wonderful! The design with the colourful photos circling the journaling seems to capture the excitement and energy of the parade.

    DebsterChen's Rose Parade:
    http://www.digishoptalk.com/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=507452&cat=fav

    ReplyDelete