Thursday, November 13, 2008

Melissa's Pick's (11-13-08)

Can you believe it is Thursday already? It seems like this week is just flyin' by - at least to me it does. Maybe it's because I have a fairly busy life with work, kids, and trying to fit in a little me time with scrapping or reading. There just don't seem to be enought hours in the day.

Okay, on with today's featured layouts. First, from Mr. Linky is a layout by side-by-side:

So Happy Together
http://www.digishoptalk.com/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=473772&ppuser=3803



I love the colors in this layout, it almost has a patriotic feel to it with the reds, whites, and blues. I love how she has added in just a hint of the worn look with the frame. And the photo is just adorable!!! Be sure to visit her page at DST and leave her some well deserved love!!


Next is a layout from DST by amystoffel:

Winter Softball
http://www.digishoptalk.com/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=476045&limit=recent



How ironic, I just noticed that the colors in this layout match the first one with just a softer feel. I must be in a patriotic mood today that these colors are standing out to me.

Anyway, I love the soft look to this page and all the detail that she has added in the layering and that light stitching on the outside adding just the right touch. Great job Amy!! Don't forget to leave her some lovin' on this gorgeous layout!!

And I am going above and beyond today to add a third layout. I just finished reading the book Twilight so I have that on the brain right now. I couldn't put the book down, staying up way too late at night to squeeze in just another chapter. My husband thinks I'm crazy!

Here is an exquisite layout by mrshobbes:

Twilight Moment #1
http://www.digishoptalk.com/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=472827



I love everything about this layout - it had to be added to my favs as soon as I saw it. The rustic, warm colors, the use of the same photo 3 times, the fabulous job of clustering and layering and the journaling that contains a quote from the book. It makes me want to read the book all over again! However, I won't since I am moving on to the next in the series, "New Moon."

Well, that's it for me today. I am off to leave some genuine lovin' for those great layouts in Mr. Linky, hope you'll join me!!

Oh - one last thing - someone asked in one of the comments what it meant in Mr. Linky if there is a username and then a username in parenthesis, ie. melmos75 (for mrshobbes). This is just someone posting a link to a layout of a fellow scrapper. The first being their name/username and the one in parenthesis being the name/username of the creator of the layout. Just spreadin' the love, baby!!

~Melissa~

5 comments:

  1. Dear Melissa,

    Thank you SO much for featuring my layout! I'm so happy you're hooked on this fabulous series and I can totally relate to the DH thinking I'm crazy! I just got the Illustrated Movie Companion book and can't wait for this film!

    I'd never heard of this blog but now I'll be putting it on my feed reader. I'm horrible at leaving love, precisely because I hate just saying "great layout!" and would rather really study what makes a layout fantastic. This is a great project you are doing.

    Sorry for the marathon comment, lol. I just wanted to express how honored I am to be one of your picks! :) Thank you again!

    Lex (mrshobbes)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much Melissa! I posted a link to your blog on the message board at Faith Sisters. :)

    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Melissa!
    I just clicked over and there was my layout! What a surprise and honor.

    You gals are doing an awesome job running this blog and praising. I so appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fab picks Mellisa! Thanks for posting this!

    ReplyDelete
  5. gorgeous picks...off to leave them some love..thanks

    ReplyDelete