Monday, November 17, 2008

Featured Layouts 11/17/2008

Wow, ten days till Thanksgiving! Sigh! Time Flies! Don't you just hate those days DST won't work for ya! I noticed on Mondays that usually happens.Everyone has either just got the kids off to school or just got to work. Thats right I know your at work!
Ok, well on to the day. I have noticed that some off you may not know how to play the praise game we offer here.
1) You will click on Mr Linky who is located to the right at the top of the sidebar.
2) Then you add the link to your layout of choice. (this can be your own or a fave of someone elses).
3) Click on other links you find there and leave Genuine Praise. All this means is look at the layout and try to write a comment that lets the scrapper know that you really did admire their work and try to comment on something that you know they worked on.
For instance, shadow work. We are all trying to get better at shadows all of the time. Sometimes I notice my fellow scrapper has put some extra effort in and is getting better at their shadows. So I will comment on that.
Speaking of improving your digital scrapping skills I know that Pixel Gypsy publishes a quarterly minimag that always contains info on enhancing your skills. In fact that is where I learned how to do my shadows. I hear another issue of Gypsy Expressions will be released in a few weeks so i urge you to sign up today. Even if you dont frequent PGD you will be happy to recieve your copy of Gypsy Expressions and all the fun info the ladies pack it with every issue. Sign up here! http://pixelgypsydesigns.parks.officelive.com/newsletter.aspx
Ok on to the layouts. First up from Mr Linky
Lor has Love-for-you2
http://www.digishoptalk.com/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=475585&ppuser=1146
This layout uses rich oranges to set the mood!Her alpha sits on her page so comfortably and the photo takes center stage. I love the picture and cant wait till mine sit still so well!
I just had to pick Ace's Wild's layout The Three Amigos
http://www.digishoptalk.com/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=480246&ppuser=2740
Had to pick this one cause not only is it a lovely layout but Jackie links layouts here quite often and rarely leave her own. Isnt this just the cutest. I love each of the extractions but the one of the baby in the background is so cute and is the perfect added touch to the layout.


Ok I have kept u long enough! Dont forget we are giving away a 10 dollar gift certificate to Pixel Gypsy Designs this week. Every layout you link will get your name in the raffle! Mr Linky is located to the right at the top of the sidebar. Click on Your Next! Scroll down to yesterdays post for more info on the raffle and Pixel Gypsy Designs
Ok Bye!

4 comments:

  1. super nice pages - real great choices!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the shoutout.. I do have to clarify.. .I have NEVER linked my own! :) (just trying to give you a hard time!) Thanks for featuring my page! You are so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Lori, Thanks so much for bringing this awesome blog to my attention! Love it! What a great idea and an intimate wa to see more of a designer's stuff and style! I would be VERY open to your proposed idea, I do not have your email so please feel free to email me about it at prettypixelsctATyahooDOTcom

    ReplyDelete
  4. gorgeus choices...off to give them some praise :)

    ReplyDelete